MILITARY & DEFENCE
Challenger Tank Support.
In service with the British MOD since 1998, this HGI designed and built set provides crucial power support for Challenger Mk2 Main Battle Tank mobile repair. Five sets work together to power inflatable workshops where the tank engine can be stripped down and repaired, even in the middle of a battle zone. This set is perfectly featured to operate in even the most arduous conditions for any length of time.
The 3-phase, 27kVA generators are mounted in an extremely rugged, acoustic canopy finished in an infra-red reflective powder-coat.
Light Field Generator.
HGI’s 2kW Lightweight Field Generator, over 4000 units currently in use and in production for the British MOD.
Designed and built to a very demanding specification, the LFG has many advantages over conventional machines;
- Electrical performance parameters exceed requirements of Def Stan 61-5 (part 2)
- Excellent voltage regulation
- Perfect sine wave output
- Rapid response to load changes
- Highly robust
- Whole life costs significantly reduced by dual speed inverter technology
- Low cost of ownership
- Multi output capabilities of LFG allow for rationalising of an existing generator fleet
- Significantly reduced weight
- Vastly increased fuel efficiency
- Reduced engine noise